Our Granite Chopping Board Varieties. Everything You Need To Know:
Polish Granite LTD create Granite Chopping Boards and Quartz Chopping boards in vast colours. Our offcut range is bountiful with popular and the less common stone materials, therefore it’s worth contacting us whether we possess the material granite of your demand.
Polish Granite’s Chopping / Cutting Boards may be shaped to standard i.e. squares, rectangles or even circular shapes – what you opt for is a matter of personal preferance. However, we also create boards to fit a specific order. In other words, we’ll create anything, to any measurments, dimensions, size or other demands, so long as the board serves you with convenience and practicality.
Our current thicknesses vary, though, our most common size options are 20mm and 30mm + occasionally the ultra light 12mm (exclusive to ceramics). In terms of finish, our offcuts collection is mostly comprised of standard polish materials, albeit many ceramic types are sold in slate or honed deviations.
Granite chopping boards are a fantastic addition to any home and kitchen environment. They not only facilitate cooking (being fantastic functional cooking tools), but are also a stylish inclusion. After all, stone is very popular nowadays and it’s a truly fashionable solution. It also helps that our colour collection range is vast, and you can ensure you choose a granite chopping board in a colour / pattern that suits your overall house decor, appliances or other household constituents like rugs, curtains or cabinets.
The plethora of colours is immense. You can choose a black speckled style, pure honed black granite, polished plain white, pink, beige or dark grey desks with a hint of slate or polish finish, we could go on forever! We also possess the fashionable and frequently desired marble look-alike desing patters. The options are many, and designs limitless.
Granite chopping board – the ideal addition to your kitchen:
Durable, resistant, beautiful, long-lasting – a granite chopping board can be a flawless addition to your already exisiting quartz worktop or granite worktop. Interestingly, many of our customers purchase granite chopping boards to suit their already existing stone surface, to ensure a colour balance and seamlessness are maintained. Therefore your choice may also be done for purely aesthetic reasons!
Another great quality of a granite chopping board is that it lasts a lifetime. These solid stone products are well-night indestructible. You can cut veg on them, beat chicken fillets, wash them in a dishwasher, and they won’t show any sign of defects or wear and tear. This cannot be said for glass chopping boards, which are usually fraigle and brittle, therefore use of force is unrecommended. Plastic chopping boards usually scratch so deeply that the boards have to be replaced every other year. Likewise, wood can break and splinter when washed too frequently, and stainless steel chopping boards will most certainly scratch on the surface, making them appear worn and shabby after merely a couple of uses.
When you purchase granite chopping boards for yourself, or as a gift, you have to think of it as an investement for a lifetime. A granite chopping board saves you the shop time and countless pounds which you would have otherwise spent pointlessly on inferior boards.
This is why with every worktop we install, our customers are provided with a free quartz / granite chopping board from the same premium quality stuff as their worktops. This not only encourages further protection of the already strong worktops, it also provides our costomers greater satisfaction. In the end, last year we gathered some feedback regarding our products, and it turned out that these items of organic beauty were rated as favourites during everyday cooking use. There’s no doubt that this rating stems from the abundance of attributes that can be accredited to our desks.
Other Questions You May Be Asking:
Are granite chopping boards supplied with padding?
The answer is yes. We always make sure that your chopping board is supplied either with rubbery padding (that we glue underneath), or fibre padding (or anti slip feet / rubber feet), to protect your worktop during use, and increase its stability. Such professional protector pads are free, and we can even supply you with spares.
Why granite chopping boards are ideal during cooking?
Whether you are a professional chef, or ammateur who enjoys extensive cooking, a sturdy stone chopping board will be your most suitable choice during the food preparation process!
Is it possible to order a custom sized granite chopping board?
Indeed! If you send us the dimensions and vision in mind, we’ll be able to create you the custom chopping board. This is the main benefit of opting for a stone board with Polish Granite. You will not be restricted to specific pre-designs as is often the case with sellers of metal, glass or wooden chopping desks. When using natural granite or man-made quartz, you can select our default desk option (i.e. 30 x 20cm), but you also have the choice to create your own perfect design: anything from a simple block to rectangle, triangles etc. Whatever design takes your fancy.
Is marble suitable for a chopping board?
Use and production of a marble chopping board is not recommended. This is the only natural stone that we would not advise to transform into a chopping desk. This is solely due to marble’s severe proneness to scratching and chipping because of the soft composition. A couple of slices and chops may carve big fissures into the surface, in likeness to cutting on a bamboo chopping board for example. However, don’t let this discourage you from purchasing a marble-looking material! The quartz marble-lookalike ranges are a fantastic solution to this problem. They contain the organic qualities of marble, but are also strong and scratch-resistant.
Do Polish Granite offer delivery?
A delivery of a quartz or granite chopping board can be arranged, indeed. For percise costs of delivery to your area, feel free to contact our customer service team via phone or email.
The benefits of granite and quartz chopping boards:
Granite and Quartz chopping boards not only look classy, but are also composed of vast advantages. Read through the list below to find out why:
- A granite or Quartz Chopping board will not scratch. They are completely knife friendly, offering you the quality service you require. Some of our board user record holders have had their boards for 10+ years and to this day claim they are unspoiled, appearing brand new,
- Due to its hygienic nature, a solid granite chopping board will not collect bacteria, grimes nor germs,
- These elegant products will not splinter, split or chip, as is the case with plastic or wooden chopping board,
- It will not be tainted by food smells (e.g. fish) nor will you experience any cross contamination. Stone does not absorb odours, unlike wood for example,
- This products is suitable for all styles of food chopping. Cleaver? No problem. Standard kitchen knife? No problem,
- Depending on our offcuts availability, granite chopping boards are usually available in either polished or slate finishes,
- Stone chopping boards will not stain, even when grease, oil or heavy liquids like wine or coffee are spilled,
- A granite chopping board can be used during dining as a stylish board for serving cheese, meats or pies. It can also make for an ideal base under oven dishes, because natural stone is completely heat resistant. Some of our customers go as far as using our boards as direct pizza / bread / pastry bases in the oven. Baking and heat exposure is not a limitations to our granite chopping board,
- Quartz and granite kitchen chopping board are completely dishwasher safe,
- Once all chopping is done, simply give it a wipe clean with cloth and/or water. The easy to clean granite, ceramic and quartz desks save a lot of time during washing up. After all, no dull or complex scrubbing or special maintenence / care is required,
- A granite chopping board can make a perfect gift for any food connoisseur or fan of stylish kitchen solutions, modernity and natural works of art. With Polish Granite, you can order a whole chopping board set, even composed of varied colourss. Each desk can be supplied in custom desings and size,
- If you have an outdoor BBQ, a stone board will perfectly suit your kitchenware tools, accessories set, house utensils or other outdoor toys. Because granite and quartz are resistant to weathering and temeprature conditions, you can leave the solid granite chopping board among your garden furniture and worry not that they will damage. There boards do not warp, rust or crack,
- If you decide you have no more use for your rectangular granite chopping board type, we guarantee that such desks make for a great garden stand under plants or outdoor flower pots. They also blend in nicely inside glass storage cabinets as trophee or figure stands.
Protect and take care of your worktops. Don’t hesitate to request your chopping cutting board quote today! Contact us via email or call our customer service team to find out the availability of our materials, finish types, our deals, offers and the price for a given board. Alternatively, feel free to explore / search the rest of our website, view our chopping board gallery or fill out the form below: